Thursday 24 October 2013

Bath Spa University

This is a short review on Bath Spa University after visiting on their open day on Saturday 19th. I went mainly to look at the Fashion Design course, accommodation and the university itself, however whilst there we stumbled upon the Graphic Communication course which I found really interesting. I'd never been to Bath so we spent time over lunch looking around and exploring the city centre. I've summed up the 3 categories in bullet points below,

University and the city:
  • Beautiful place
  • Nice accommodation
  • No cars in halls
  • Lots of hills
  • Not too far - 2.5/3 hours
  • Good high street
  • Good bus service
  • Lots of green park areas
  • Not too far from friends and family
  • Each course is allowed to use other equipment in different areas of the college 
Fashion design course:
  • 9-5 everyday, possibly more
  • Summer, Christmas and Easter projects
  • Very committed, have to know what you want
  • Well informed course leader
  • Industry links
  • Close connections with the Bath Fashion Museum
  • No time for part time job
  • Rarely time to see friends/family
Graphic communication
  • Course looks good
  • Really nice course leader
  • Industry links
  • Students work looks really interesting
  • Potential to do what I want to do
  • Well informed course leader
I have decided that the Fashion Design course isn't for me, as I am not yet decided that I'd like to be a fashion designer, so the commitment is too much. During University I would like the opportunity to have a part time job, this is another reason I'm not keen on the fashion course, but need to enquire further with the Graphic Communication course whether this is possible along side college commitments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment